Welcome to CrossFit Abode
CrossFit Abode's goal is to inspire health, happiness and performance. Our Trainers lead by example and provide a fun, supportive and professional environment where you feel you belong, want to spend time at and train consistently with friends.
Our number 1 piece of advice is to train consistently, a minimum of four days a week, five is optimal, and six if you are feeling great. Some days will be tougher than others, part of the benefit of training in a group environment is helping each other be consistent, be that person that helps keep your group accountable. For this reason, and so many more, our Unlimited Memberships are BY FAR the best value and will give you the best chance of achieving your goals!
Number 2 is to take your time, go slow, stay light, have fun and focus on the movements first and foremost. When you do this, you will progress so much faster and love it every day!
Below is the most important things we believe will help make your time here fun and enjoyable. If you ever have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CrossFit Abode App
Download the CrossFit Abode App here, if you haven't already got it. See all upcoming classes and reserve you classes, check in here, purchase memberships, see your current membership and change your payment details.
The CrossFit Abode App also has a social feed to stay up to date with all our news and events, great if you don't use social media.
CrossFit Abode App
Download on the App Store!
CrossFit Abode App
Download on Google Play!
Beyond the Whiteboard
Workout Tracking App
Beyond the Whiteboard is our workout tracking app. Here you can see the workout of the day and log your results. We recommend EVERYONE log their results, every day. We also recommend keeping your account public and turning on all notifications to help keep you accountable and continually working toward your goals!
If you are new, sign up to a free account by clicking the BTWB logo above, and request access to CrossFit Abode, and if you have a current unlimited membership, you will be approved access. If you already have an account, simply switch gyms to CrossFit Abode and request access.
Membership Pause Form
Membership Cancel Form
CrossFit Abode Tips...
1. Train a MINIMUM of four days a week. We recommend five days a week on average for absolute best results.
2. Eat well. This can be hard to know what eating well is...that's what we are here for! Email us and we can help. The Healthy Habits Challenge is something we recommend EVERYONE does at least once!
3. Sometimes we lose motivation, things get busy, life gets tough and we put ourselves last...we can help in these trying times too! Our Mobility and Mindset class is a great start, or if you have any questions on how to get your mojo back, email us!
4. Lifting heavier, doing more or training hard when you are not feeling great is not the way to results. Training with a focus on technique and knowing when you need to recover and take a workout slower, or even rest and just do some mobility is so important. Talk to us if you need some help or advice, email us.
5. Make the most of the specialty classes. The seminars and workshops run on selected Saturdays, and the Mobility and Mindset Class on selected Sunday's. They are amazing and will help you progress in ways you can't begin to imagine! These are a bonus for unlimited members, a drop in fee applies for other members.
6. Get your friends and family involved. Spread the love, if they are really worried about starting, we have the RX 0 option every class, start them there! Simply send them our website to get started with a free week.
7. Log your workouts, every day. This is the best way to track your results. We use Beyond the Whiteboard, which is a bonus for unlimited members. For other members, you can purchase a workout only membership for a low fee and this will give you access to this incredible app.
8. If you have ANY niggles, sore spots, injuries, TALK TO US STRAIGHT AWAY. CrossFit is extremely safe and will even prevent you from injuries, when we listen to our body and scale where required. Chat to us, or email us to ask us any questions. There are some GREAT people in the Darwin area to help you, ask us for our recommendations!
9. You have unlimited support as a CrossFit Abode Member. USE IT! We love helping people and have an enormous amount of experience across more areas than just training. Email us any time!
10. Have fun, enjoy coming to training every day, make friends, support each other. We want you to succeed, to achieve your goals and so much more, we provide the best tools for you to do this, however if you are unsure on anything at all, please just ask, we love helping you and nothing is to hard, too small or out of the question.
Both locations have their own Facebook and Instagram accounts. Make sure you tag us in all your fitness related wins, we love to see you succeed!
Follow both @crossfitabode and @crossfitabodesouth on Instagram. If you have any success stories, PB's, or simply are proud of your workout, post a photo and tag both locations and we will share it on our story!
CrossFit Abode Members Page
The CrossFit Abode Members Page is a page for all members to stay up to date with things that are happening in the gym and local community, share news and events and more!
We have a bonus Gym Creche with our amazing creche supervisors. Bring your kids in and be confident they are in good hands while you train and have the best hour of your day, kid free.
This service is available at our 9:30am classes, weekdays and 9am class on a Saturday. Times may vary on public holidays.
We Are Community.
CrossFit Abode Etiquette.
1. Every time you come to the gym YOU MUST sign in to the class. It is easier if you reserve the class on your CrossFit Abode Members App, then you only have to touch your name, otherwise, type in your name and check in to the class.
2. Best practice when you get to the gym is place your gear on the shelves, fill your water bottle, grab your towel and do some mobility while you wait.
3. Be friendly and respectful at all times. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and positive atmosphere, every day, so please help us to do so and you will find you will love your training even more!
4. Listen in closely to the brief, every movement listen in for the 'stimulus' and your aim is to achieve that, every time. SCALING IS IMPORTANT! Trust us when we say, scaling to achieve the stimulus is what will get you to your goals safely and efficiently, NOT going heavier or doing more volume.
5. Every rep, every movement, every day your focus should be on how you can move better, not on how fast you can go or how much you can lift. Take your time, focus on this and you will progress faster than you could imagine.
6. Please DO NOT pack up your equipment until EVERY member has finished the workout. Stay and support them until they are done!
7. Fist bumps are encouraged after every workout, we have all just challenged ourselves through a tough workout, celebrate with a fist bump!
8. A few little ones...thumbs must be around the barbell, chalk stays in the buckets, you must have collars on the bar when lifting, you must use two spotters on heavy back squats and one or two on heavy bench, no dumping the unloaded barbell, 2.5's, or 5's and all other loads must be 'padded' to the floor, and lastly DO NOT REWARD POOR TECHNIQUE, go lighter, stop and listen in to the Trainer.
9. Cleaning up after training. You MUST wipe down your equipment, every time and spray mop your area, every time.
10. We love having Kids at the gym, however they must remain in the kids room and NOT come on to the gym floor unless the lead Trainer has allowed it (class has finished and all equipment has been packed away). If it is outside of the child minding classes, they are 100% your responsibility, please ensure they are safe and happy. We have Netflix and free Wifi, please tidy the room after them and ask us if you have any questions.
11. Phones are allowed on the gym floor, you are allowed to film your workout and take photos and please feel free to share on social media and tag CrossFit Abode. If some one else is in the photo/video, you must ask their permission. All media must adhere to the CrossFit Abode values and use of your phone must not distract you or cause a safety concern.
12. We love dogs...but they must be in the dog area, and never inside the gym, they must have water and be tied up. If they bark, you must attend to them. If they are aggressive, nip at people or bark uncontrollably, please do not bring them to the gym.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Have fun, move well and train hard!
Comp WOD & Open Gym
As Part of an Unlimited Membership you have access to our Comp WOD Training and Open Gym in our Comp WOD Area.
Comp WOD is an extra part to our program, if you want to compete in CrossFit, want to work on your strength and technique or just want to be at the gym for a little longer...ask us how to get started with Comp WOD today.
Comp WOD generally has Part A & B which are completed before the WOD, and Part C & D, which are completed after the WOD.
You need approximately 20 minutes before and after the class time to get all the work done, some days may be longer or much shorter, check on BTWB so you are prepared.
All Comp WOD components must be done in the Comp WOD area, please be respectful and courteous to other members and if the class requires the space, we may ask you to move.
Then the class must be done on the main floor area, not in Comp WOD area, with the rest of the class.
There may be movements you have not done before, you MUST ALWAYS ask a trainer for advice and must not 'just do it', especially with movements like GHD Sit-ups Overhead Squat/Squat Snatch movements and high rep Pull-ups.
You should have been training consistently (5 days a week) for 6 months before considering Comp WOD. Speak to one of the lead trainers to see whether it is something you should consider, or email email@example.com