Our number 1 piece of advice is to train consistently, a minimum of four days a week, five is optimal, and six if you are feeling great. Some days will be tougher than others, part of the benefit of training in a group environment is helping each other be consistent, be that person that helps keep your group accountable. For this reason, and so many more, our Unlimited Memberships are BY FAR the best value and will give you the best chance of achieving your goals!
Number 2 is to take your time, go slow, stay light, have fun and focus on the movements first and foremost. When you do this, you will progress so much faster and love it every day!
Below is the most important things we believe will help make your time here fun and enjoyable. If you ever have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the CrossFit Abode App here, if you haven't already got it. See all upcoming classes and reserve you classes, check in here, purchase memberships, see your current membership and change your payment details.
The CrossFit Abode App also has a social feed to stay up to date with all our news and events, great if you don't use social media.
Beyond the Whiteboard is our workout tracking app. Here you can see the workout of the day and log your results. We recommend EVERYONE log their results, every day. We also recommend keeping your account public and turning on all notifications to help keep you accountable and continually working toward your goals!
If you are new, sign up to a free account by clicking the BTWB logo above, and request access to CrossFit Abode, and if you have a current unlimited membership, you will be approved access. If you already have an account, simply switch gyms to CrossFit Abode and request access.
We are always looking for ways to add value to your membership. One way we do this is by partnering with apparel suppliers and merchandise companies so you can look great and be comfortable in the gym.See some of your current discounts below. This is always changing, so keep checking on it and on the CrossFit Abode Members Group on Facebook for updates.
LSKD... is an Australian-owned and operated brand that prides itself in producing, high-quality, functional sportswear with a street aesthetic.
Use code: CFABODECREW15 at checkout for 15% off all full priced items.
The WOD Life
The best quality gym gear, apparel, and equipment.
All in one place. Use Code: ABODE10 at checkout to receive 10% off.
1. Train a MINIMUM of four days a week. We recommend five days a week on average for absolute best results.
2. Eat well. This can be hard to know what eating well is...that's what we are here for! Email us and we can help. The Healthy Habits Challenge is something we recommend EVERYONE does at least once!
3. Sometimes we lose motivation, things get busy, life gets tough and we put ourselves last...we can help in these trying times too! Our Mobility and Mindset class is a great start, or if you have any questions on how to get your mojo back, email us!
4. Lifting heavier, doing more or training hard when you are not feeling great is not the way to results. Training with a focus on technique and knowing when you need to recover and take a workout slower, or even rest and just do some mobility is so important. Talk to us if you need some help or advice, email us.
5. Make the most of the specialty classes. The seminars and workshops run on selected Saturdays, and the Mobility and Mindset Class on selected Sunday's. They are amazing and will help you progress in ways you can't begin to imagine! These are a bonus for unlimited members, a drop in fee applies for other members.
6. Get your friends and family involved. Spread the love, if they are really worried about starting, we have the RX 0 option every class, start them there! Simply send them our website to get started with a free week.
7. Log your workouts, every day. This is the best way to track your results. We use Beyond the Whiteboard, which is a bonus for unlimited members. For other members, you can purchase a workout only membership for a low fee and this will give you access to this incredible app.
8. If you have ANY niggles, sore spots, injuries, TALK TO US STRAIGHT AWAY. CrossFit is extremely safe and will even prevent you from injuries, when we listen to our body and scale where required. Chat to us, or email us to ask us any questions. There are some GREAT people in the Darwin area to help you, ask us for our recommendations!
9. You have unlimited support as a CrossFit Abode Member. USE IT! We love helping people and have an enormous amount of experience across more areas than just training. Email us any time!
10. Have fun, enjoy coming to training every day, make friends, support each other. We want you to succeed, to achieve your goals and so much more, we provide the best tools for you to do this, however if you are unsure on anything at all, please just ask, we love helping you and nothing is to hard, too small or out of the question.
Both locations have their own Facebook and Instagram accounts. Make sure you tag us in all your fitness related wins, we love to see you succeed!
Follow both @crossfitabode and @crossfitabodesouth on Instagram. If you have any success stories, PB's, or simply are proud of your workout, post a photo and tag both locations and we will share it on our story!
The CrossFit Abode Members Page is a page for all members to stay up to date with things that are happening in the gym and local community, share news and events and more!
We have a bonus Gym Creche with our amazing creche supervisors. Bring your kids in and be confident they are in good hands while you train and have the best hour of your day, kid free.This service is available at our 9:30am classes, weekdays and 9am class on a Saturday. Times may vary on public holidays.