CrossFit Abode Members Page - Welcome to CrossFit Abode
This page is for all of our amazing members at CrossFit Abode and is your go to for any questions you have to make your time at CrossFit Abode fun and your goals easily reached and so much more.
We recommend saving this page as a bookmark so it is easy to find as a reference and should you have any questions at any time. It is always in the tab at the top of the CrossFit Abode Website any time you need it.
If you are an unlimited member you have access to a whole suite of bonuses! If you haven't already, join the Crossfit Abode Community group on here and gain access to the Unlimited Members Exclusive Page!
We Have Everything You Need For Your Health And Fitness Right Here at CrossFit Abode!
We have so many extras you will always have something to do! Most of your extras are a bonus for our unlimited memberships, or a drop in fee for limited and non-members.
You can do the course, even as a member! Learn the foundations, strive for virtuosity! A fee applies.
A bonus for unlimited members or a drop in fee applies! Great to work on your skills and weaknesses.
Midline Mobility Mindset
A bonus for unlimited members or a drop in fee applies! The best class of the week.
Access the things you need, quickly and easily right here!
Download Our Member App on the Apple Store or Google Play and Our Workout Tracking App!
CrossFit Abode Tips
1. Train a MINIMUM of four days a week. We recommend five days a week on average for absolute best results.
2. Eat well. This can be hard to know what eating well is...that's what we are here for! Contact us on the form at the bottom of this page and we can help. The Healthy Habits Challenge is something we recommend EVERYONE does!
3. Sometimes we lose motivation, things get busy, life gets tough and we put ourselves last...we can help in these trying times too! Our Midline, Mobility and mindset class is a great start, or if you have any questions on how to get your mojo back, fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
4. Lifting heavier, doing more or training hard when you are not feeling great is not the way to results. Training with a focus on technique and knowing when you need to recover and take a workout slower, or even rest and just do some mobility is so important. Talk to us if you need some help or advice, or fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
5. Make the most of the specialty classes. The seminars and workshops run most Saturdays, and the Midline, Mobility and Mindset Class on a Friday night. They are amazing and will help you progress in ways you can't begin to imagine! These are a bonus for unlimited members, a drop in fee applies for other members.
6. Get your friends and family involved. Spread the love, if they are really worried about starting, we have the foundations course, start them there! Simply send them our website to get started.
7. Log your workouts, every day. This is the best way to track your results. We use Beyond the Whiteboard, which is a bonus for unlimited members. For other members, you can log your benchmarks (named workouts) and strength movements so you can remember what you should be lifting. This is where results are made!
8. If you have ANY niggles, sore spots, injuries, TALK TO US STRAIGHT AWAY. CrossFit is extremely safe and will even prevent you from injuries, when we listen to our body and scale where required. Chat to us, or full in the form at the bottom of the page to ask us any questions. There are some GREAT people in the Darwin area to help you, ask us for our recommendations!
9. You have unlimited support as a CrossFit Abode Member. USE IT! We love helping people and have an enormous amount of experience across more areas than just training. Use the form at the bottom of the page if you have any questions!
10. Have fun, enjoy coming to training every day, make friends, support each other. We want you to succeed, to achieve your goals and so much more, we provide the best tools for you to do this, however if you are unsure on anything at all, please just ask, we love helping you and nothing is to hard, too small or out of the question. Send us a message on the form at the bottom of the page!
Follow Us on Social Media!
CrossFit Abode Etiquette
1. Every time you come to the gym YOU MUST sign in to the class. It is easier if you reserve the class on your CrossFit Abode Members App, then you only have to touch your name, otherwise, type in your name and check in to the class.
2. Best practice when you get to the gym is place your gear on the shelves and do some mobility while you wait. There is a ROM WOD Screen in the mobility room, ask us how to use it or how to mobilise the area you want! You can wait in the mobility room or behind the comp WOD area, please remain off the Comp WOD area unless you are using it (unlimited members only) and off the main floor until the class starts.
3. Be friendly and respectful at all times. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and positive atmosphere, every day, so please help us to do so and you will find you will love your training even more!
4. Listen in closely to the brief, every movement listen in for the 'stimulus' and your aim is to achieve that, every time. SCALING IS IMPORTANT! Trust us when we say, scaling to achieve the stimulus is what will get you to your goals safely and efficiently, NOT going heavier or doing more volume.
5. Every rep, every movement, every day your focus should be on how you can move better, not on how fast you can go or how much you can lift. Take your time, focus on this and you will progress faster than you could imagine.
6. Please DO NOT pack up your equipment until EVERY member has finished the workout. Stay and support them until they are done!
7. Fist bumps are encouraged after every workout, we have all just challenged ourselves through a tough workout, celebrate with a fist bump!
8. A few little ones...thumbs MUST be around the barbell, you MUST have collars on the bar when lifting, you MUST use two spotters on heavy back squats and one or two on heavy bench, no dumping the 5's or 2.5's and 10's must only be dumped from below the shoulders and 'padded' to the floor, and lastly DO NOT REWARD POOR TECHNIQUE, go lighter, stop and listen in to the Trainer.
9. Cleaning up after training. You MUST wipe down your equipment, every time and spray mop your area, every time!
10. We love having Kids at the gym, however they must NOT come on to the gym floor unless the lead Trainer has allowed it (class has finished and all equipment has been packed away). If it is outside of the child minding classes, they are 100% your responsibility, please ensure they are safe and happy. We have Netflix and free Wifi, ask us if you have any questions.
11. Phones ARE NOT allowed on the main gym floor. They are a distraction that could be potentially dangerous and we don't want some one to drop a weight on your phone! Leave it in the shelves and switch off and enjoy your workout!
12. We love dogs...but they must be in the dog area, have water and be tied up. If they bark, you must attend to them. If they are aggressive, please do not bring them to the gym.
What Membership Is Best For Me?
Our Unlimited Memberships are by far the best for SO MANY reasons. It provides extra motivation to train consistently and you have access to so many extras as an added bonus. By far the best results we see at the gym are from our unlimited members for these reasons.
If you are currently a limited member and would like more information on swapping over to an unlimited membership, click below or send us a message on the form below.Unlimited Membership Options
Want to become an Unlimited Member or have a question?
This is where real goals are achieved and so much more than you could imagine right now!
Have Friends and Family? There is No Better Time Than Now, and No Better Place to Start Than CrossFit Abode!
Training is always better with friends and family! Obviously you will always make life long friends at the gym, but bringing your friends, family and work mates here will be the best gift you could ever give them! Simply point them to our website to get them started!!!
Send us a message here with any questions you have!
CrossFit Abode Store
All your apparel and accessory needs, right here, delivered straight to your door!